Saturday, March 20, 2010

If only all decisions were this awesome!

I have a dilemma...

The ski resort closes on April 10th so I only have about 20 days to figure my summer out. I still have my other job as a manager and ref at the soccer gym but that place doesn't have very much work in the summer and I'd prefer to not have to be there anyway. So I need some help deciding what to do this summer. Here are the plans so far:

Plan A: Work at a ski resort in New Zealand
I would work at the ski resort in NZ from June to October. From April to June I would spend a few weeks back in Maui and then a few more weeks in Samoa with Reed's parents. This obviously is what I really want to do this summer, I have sent several applications to resorts in New Zealand unfortunately I didn't get my level 2 certification in time so that option is not looking as plausible.

Plan B: Just go back to Maui and do the same thing that I did last summer. This is quite possibly the most awesome plan B ever. I hope that this plan would still include Samoa.

Plan C: Go to guide school and work in Jackson or Moab as a river guide. I have the experience and the connections to make this one very plausible. Downfall would be rent in Jackson, it's not cheap. I'm not sure what it's like in Moab. This option would most definitely involve my normal favorite summer activities of backpacking and mountain biking.

Plan D: Stay in Utah and coach soccer teams. Forza Soccer club already wants to give me a team in April. It's about 500-800 per month per team for about 3-5 hours of work per week. This option would HAVE to include a Belize surf trip. Or some sort of surf trip. And it would be cool to be with friends and family and get to go do all my favorite Utah summer activities. This plan might also include looking for a permanent Utah job...that sounds smart but I don't know if I'm ready for that yet, and honestly, I've never really stopped looking for a permanent job and I have found absolutely NOTHING. It's quite discouraging...

Plan E: Backpack Europe. This plan might not be very plausible simply on account of money, and mostly because I doubt I could find anyone to do it with me, and I wouldn't want to do it alone. But seriously, land in London and 2-3 months later fly home from Cairo. Whatever goes in between!

So far those are the plans. The awesome part is that none of them are really bad options, whatever happens this summer should be awesome. And I think the mostly likely event will be a mixture of the plans somehow. I know that no matter what I am going back to Maui, at least for a little while, and I would love to do the Samoa thing as well. So we'll see, I guess it's kind of exciting, but at the same time, I gotta get it figured out... For the moment, I'm waiting to hear word from the Kiwis. Crossing my fingers!

What would you do?

4 comments:

Court and Jill said...

decisions, decisions.....

Tawna said...

I love that you love life and are living it to the fullest. I want to go somewhere fun for the summer..but...I need to work on my Masters and pay off all my debt. Once those 2 things are done in my life, I say adventure on!!

Adventures in Heywood said...

I'd totally recommend the Europe thing, but I know how you feel about wanting someone to go with you. I just did one month, but it seemed like there were tons of people doing it from all over the place, some for dirt cheap. (More cheap then me, but I wasn't necessarily trying to do it as cheap as possible.)

John and I are heading to Jackson to my parents condo the first week in July... if you're river rafting you'll have to come hang out with us! (Even if you're not up there, you know you're welcome to come.)

Julie said...

TAKE ME WITH YOU!