Sunday, December 30, 2012

The Last Asian Post...

After Cambodia I had to come back to Bangkok for one more day.  So I decided to make the best of it.  I went to a floating market.  There is a city near Bangkok that uses canals instead of roads so this whole community is built on a a big grid canal system.  The houses and shops are all on stilts and the easiest way around is by boat on the water.  It was a really cool the centerpiece of the whole place was a floating market.  It's very similar to every other market in Thailand except the wares are sold from boats or little shops that are accessible only by boat.  It was very "Thai" and though the folks trying to sell stuff here were more aggressive than most, it was very fun. 

 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 

After the floating market/village I did something I had been excited for ever since I first arrived in Thailand.  Back in Phuket I noticed a flier for the FIFA Futsol World Cup that would be held in Bangkok.  So the night I got back from Cambodia I bought a ticket for the semifinal round.  I had watched several of the games on tv in restaurants.  It was always easy to know when Thailand was playing as there would be crowds of people huddled around every tv in the country.  But it was Italy vs. Spain and Brazil vs. the cinderellas Columbia.  They were pretty dang good.  Though I'm sure my USU championship futsol team could have taken them!  Brazil beat Spain the next day in the final.  It was really fun. 

 


 


 



Unfortunately this was the very last thing I did in Thailand.  The next morning I took the subway, to the sky train, to the airport and flew out of Thailand!  Overall I spent 21 days in Southeast Asia, it took a few days to get over the anxiety of being alone but after that I enjoyed everything I did!

1 comment:

Seantae Jackson said...

I don't know if I should even show Trevor your blog. He will be soooo jealous! It's so neat to see all the great things you see and experience! I love that you make it happen, work hard, and get over your fears! What a great lesson for all of us! If we could just stop having babies maybe we could join you sometime!!