Friday, December 21, 2012

The Rest of Cambodia

For my next day in Cambodia I decided to get away from it all and head out into the country.  I called my tuk tuk driver to pick me up and we went out onto the road on his super fast moped.  Which I rode on the back of for 3+ hours.  That was fun. (here is where I would use my sarcasm font)  The country in Cambodia made me feel like going back in time.  I was very pretty as well.  I saw the quarry where the Khmer cut the stone to build all their temples.  I went on a really cool hike.  I played in some waterfalls.  I saw some more ruins and watched the sunset from a top a temple ruin.  It was a really good time.  I wish I could have spent more time in Cambodia.  It's a pretty cool place.  Next time...

It would periodically start pouring whilst on the moped
The start of my hike.



On the hike.
It felt very Indiana Jones like.



Carvings in the river rock


 
This is the waterfall I hiked to.




 


This is the entrance to Banteay Srei.
Banteay Srei



Banteay Srei
Banteay Srei



A fairly nice yet typical Cambodian house.
And another.



Cambodian country restaurant.
Strange rice paddy tractor geared for the road.



Angkor Wat as viewed from Phnom Bakheng.
Sunset crowd on top of Phnom Bakheng.



Sunset from Phnom Bakheng.
That's always good information to have...


On the train out of Cambodia!

2 comments:

Our Family said...

Thanks for sharing your fun trips with us. Love you lots Uncle Dallon-- Derrek,Kappy and kids

E/S Capener said...

We haven't been North to see any of the Angkor Wat era Temples yet but we hope too. We see the Cambodian houses on stilts on the way to our apartment complex here in Kean Svay across the Tonle Bassac river from Phnom Penh. Come visit us now that we are here!!