Monday, March 19, 2012

Happy Birthday to ME!

In the months and weeks leading up to my thirtieth birthday I held strongly to my birthday philosophy that the day of your birthday you are only one day older than you were yesterday, just like every other day of your life, thus...it's not that big of a deal beyond being a fun day to celebrate.  So on my actual birthday, though some might think of 30 as a big deal, for me it really wasn't, but it was a really fun day on which I celebrated!  Though 30 does sound old, I don't feel any older than I did on the last day I was 29!  But...in the days leading up to my big 30 milestone I did experiment a bit with how I can make myself look younger.  First I tried this:
 Then I went with this atrocity....
But neither suited me well.  More on that later.  The festivities began a few day s early when Bethany got me a suite seat at the Jazz game.  SO awesome, especially all the food!!!

 On the day of my birth I invited any and all to a day on the slopes.  And only The Heywoods and Carrie took me up on the offer.  Besides the rainy afternoon it was a great day.  I snowboarded so as to be on closer terms with my comrades.  Since there were only the 4 of us, we got some free passes for the sweet new zip line at Canyons!

Me, Christie, John, Carrie in the orange bubble.
About to zip!





 
Riding up the magic carpet after the first zip.
The View from the top of the zip line on Lookout Ridge.



After skiing I came home to this fun surprise in my bedroom!  Thanks Melissa!  Stay out of my undies drawer next time though creeper! hehe
Then came the event I have been waiting for for four months (whoa, that was weird English...) REAL SALT LAKE!  No other sport or team has such pulls such emotionally vested interest from me like my beloved RSL.  So the fact that the first home game of the season was on my birthday was just perfect!  The weather seemed like it was going to try to take the fun out of it but it held it together for me and RSL won as well.  So it was pretty dang awesome!  Lots more friends came to this part of my birthday celebrations!




















After the game I finally decided on what hair do I should have as I enter my thirties, so I recruited the less than willing Bethany and Melissa, who, with a little coaching from the more experienced me, did quite a number on my head!
This is what I looked like when I was 29
This is what I look like now!  (with shaving cream still in ear!)
I'm going to save so much money on shampoo!  Anyways, it was an awesome birthday and thanks to you all for playing with me!  But mostly, thanks Mom for bringing me into this world!  You're the best!

3 comments:

Tori said...

Happy belated birthday! Glad it was so fun, and I love the new hair!! Thanks for the perspective on turning 30 cause I'm NOT excited about it. ;)

Tami said...

OH MY GOSH!!! Is that you Dallon??? I didn't even recognize you underneath your beauty locks and facial fuzz! You look like your heading straight out into the mission field. 30....pheesh!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the coolest little bro I know, brah! Love you!

FamilyBlog said...

Happy Birthday to the coolest Little Brother I could ever hope for! Mom must be so proud of the new look. Sorry I didn't make it to one of your birthday celebrations! Happy 30th Birthday! Love you....Dayna