Saturday, January 9, 2010

Because it's a blog...

Life is an experience full of little experiences, all of which teach us new things if we are willing to learn them. Recently...I've learned a lot. Most of what I've learned is about people, good and bad.
On the good side, I've learned that my friends and family are some very amazing people. The willingness of these people in my life to do anything for me has been such a blessing that I am unbelievably grateful for. I can't even describe how great my parents are. They do and have done so much for me. They are both willing to help me out in any way. My siblings too, give and never expect anything in return. I have an awesome family and I love them very much. My friends too, recently I was a homeless vagabond, before I was able to move into my new place after coming back from Maui I slept in 10 different places with family and friends. Every one of them was eager and happy to let me stay with them. Thank you everyone for that. (I am very happy to announce that I am no longer homeless and it sure is nice to sleep in my own bed again!) I had a great holiday season with my awesome family and friends and realize more than ever how important those people are to me. So I just want to thank anyone who has been good to me lately, especially my family, you are all awesome and I love you very much. Thanks for all the gifts, love and everything you all do for me!

Now there is also the bad, but that's a total downer and I don't want to bother, so nevermind.

But, for the sake of blogging here is what's going on in life at the moment. I am working at The Canyons again as a ski instructor and I love it. Even though some days I teach the tiny little 4 year olds and I'm more of a daycare provider than a ski instructor, it's a lot of fun. Some days can be exhausting...entertaining, teaching, feeding, cleaning, and controlling a pack of snotty, sneezy, peeing, crying, whining, tired, cold kids can be tough. It's all worth it at the end of the day though when kid tells mom and dad how much fun he had skiing with coach Dallon! And really most days I'm with older kids who are already good skiers and all we do is ski around, I give a few pointers now and then and then I get paid for it-that's pretty dang cool. So I like my job, and I have a greater respect for childcare workers and parents!
I'm woring on becoming PSIA level 2 certified which really is quite a lot of work, when I get it though I'll pretty much be considered a bonified professional in the ski instructor industry. I'll also be eligible for sponsorship from a foreign ski resort in New Zealand, where I plan to work during the summer this year. Surf and ski in the same day, no way I'm not doing THAT! And for anyone who still thinks being a ski instructor is just one more thing Dallon is doing to avoid being a grown up, well...your right. But I made two hundred dollars in one day doing what I love, so...I'm not in a real hurry to "grow up".
I'm also back at the soccer gym where I am still a manager but do a lot of reffing as well. I enjoy this as well, but wow...indoor soccer really really must be the pinnacle of some of those people's lives because the drama at that place is unbelievable! I could type for hours about the crazy things that go on there but at the end of the day I'm getting paid to play a lot of soccer, and that is enough to make me happy. And I have tons of great friends there, so it's pretty awesome.

Other than that... I still don't eat healthy enough, I miss the ocean like crazy, I have an infected hangnail that feels like getting shot with a nail gun (I know exactly how that feels), the Jazz are aggravatingly mediocre but RSL are still the champs, I can't get over a 5 year old ankle injury, there's not enough snow yet, I haven't been on a date in almost a year, my 10 year high school reunion is in a few months, I'm getting a UYSO D license, I'm going to be an uncle for the 16th time, I still love Ducktales and Legos, I'm not the same ice skater I once was...

and life is really really good!

3 comments:

Tawna said...

Welcome to my life of working with 6 and 7 year olds everyday. But I love it too. Children really do bring pure joy! Sounds like you are doing well, I would love to meet up sometime and have dinner or something!

Court and Jill said...

Nice skating move. Ha! Love it.

Adventures in Heywood said...

Well we now (finally) have a place where we don't even live with people anymore! So you're welcome to crash here... (conveniently after you have a place of your own... hehe).