Saturday, October 20, 2012

And back again...

Having reached the northern edge of our travels in the toaster, it was time to turn around and come straight back.  Heaps of brain dead driving to get back to Sydney in time to hop on a plane.  It wasn't all without fun though.  We stopped on the sunshine coast and surfed for a few hours.  Turned out to be the best waves I've gotten the whole trip.  Nice.  Of course, the very next beach had even better surf but I had no time...  We stopped and had lunch with a friend of mine that I met in Maui a few years ago.  Then I dropped off Andy at the Brisbane airport.  So I was solo for the last 3 days.  Got back to Sydney in a typhoon and managed to return the toaster without running anyone or anything over in the big city.  This was a massive success in my opinion.  Met Chris and Sophie at the hostel, and got on a plane!


Lunch spot where we met Natalie at the Sunshine Coast

The Sunshine coast.

Crossing the Brisbane Bridge

Stopped at this beach, just because it was there.

Ate lunch here.

Saw some more roos.

Ate another lunch here.

All by myself...

Best surf I saw the whole trip, and I had to leave.  Lame.

Perfect waves at Old Bar Beach.

Old Bar Beach

Gay bar in Sydney.  Not flashy enough...

View of Sydney from the park next to the hostel.  Waiting to get on a plane to go to...

No comments: