Sunday, November 11, 2012

Lopburi

Whilst in Oz this year I watched a show a lot called "An Idiot Abroad".  It'a hilarious.  They send this guy around that world that hates to travel, and hates being away from home, and make him do weird foreign stuff.  Anyway, one episode, he was sitting on a temple ruin in Thailand get absolutely attacked by naughty little monkeys, hundreds of them.  Well, turns out that he was in Lopburi.  Lopburi is very close to where I was in Ayutthaya.  So, I went there!  Though getting there wasn't without it's own adventure.  I've gotten fully confident in my ability to get around this country, and thus didn't confirm I was getting on the correct rain, so I got on the wrong train.  When someone finally checked my ticket it got exciting.  The train was brought to a sudden halt and I was shuffled off to walk back to the nearest station.  It wasn't too far but if you've ever ridden a train like this you know what goes straight through a hole onto the tracks... Gross.  But I eventually got on a train that would take me where I wanted to go.  This post will now explain why my little monkey encounter in Samui was no big deal.  Because Lopburi, at least a small section of the city, is completely overrun, by terrible little, devious monkeys!  And it was a blast!  Sure there were some historical ruins and whatnot, but lets be honest, I was there for the monkeys.  And there were probably more than hundreds.  And every one of them was definitely naughty!  At least the little ones were...  Every time I let my guard down, I had a monkey crawling on me trying to rip off my watch, and bracelets, and anklet, and necklace.  Swinging from the straps on my backpack.  Unzipping the pockets, licking and biting me!  It was mental!  But fun!  One of them almost got away with my camera!  He did get a small piece of my tripod, which I hysterically tried to retrieve but gave up after 30 seconds.  I'm 100% certain that monkey laughed at me.  Bad monkey!  Again, click here to learn about this city other than the monkeys.




 





 


 


 


 





 


 



1 comment:

Scott and Rachel Ellis said...

That is so crazy and almost creepy! Your adventures are so amazing!