Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Contributing to society. Ugh...

So, don't think I'm getting responsible or anything, but I started a new job this week. I just need the means to stay in Maui that's all. So at my new job, a bunch of my co-workers are from the mainland and are here just for the job. But first to backtrack a bit, before I moved to Maui I watched a movie called North Shore ( a must see) and thought to myself, no one actually talks like that in Hawaii! Then, I came here and realized I didn't have a dang clue what people were talking about most of the time. It all soundy like freaky deaky dutch to me! Now back to the present...So yesterday at work I looked at my boss (one of the off islanders) and said "We pau ya?" The man stared at me with blank eyes that muttered HUH? It then occurred to me what was happening. I am no longer the haole kook that doesn't have a clue! It is a good feeling to have. I'm slowly becoming a little less mainlander and a little more islander. To celbrate after I pau hana I put on slippers, talked story, go da store and got me mochi! It was awesome...Brah.

1 comment:

Tawna said...

Dallon, I miss you! How long are you going to be there? We should talk sometime...