Friday, January 7, 2011

2010 Year in Review.

I guess I'll follow the blogger cliche and write about my year past.  Not necessarily because I think that there are hordes of people out there that care, but because writing in this blog has in some ways replaced my journal writing and my prosperity just needs to know how I spent my time in the year 2010.

So here I go...
To put it quite bluntly and simply, 2010 was almost exactly like 2009.  I started the new year working at the Canyons in Park City, around April when the ski season was over I moved back to Maui, and now at the end of the year I am working at the Canyons in Park City.  The circle of life my friends!  Ok...obviously there is a little more to it than that.  How about a bulleted list?!  Ok go!

IN 2010:

  • I finished my second and started my third year as a ski instructor.  I love this job, I get to ski everyday while helping others learn to enjoy the snowy mountains as much as I do.  I know most of you think it's ski bums way to get a season pass, and yes of course that's what it is.  But it's also the greatest job in the world that happens to be my career path and happens to be a dang good one.  Boo the haters.
  • Speaking of awesome jobs.  Because I'm a ski instructor, I got to go to Maui for 7 months and work on a boat!  On this boat we did snorkel trips, cocktail cruises, and whale watching tours.  It is a fully benefited position that pays more than I need and shoots, I work on a boat!
  • I was a snorkel instructor.
  • I refined my knowledge of what matters, and what doesn't.
  • I was the 1st mate on Kaulana of Maui.
  • I only lived at 3 addresses.
  • I was a bartender and cocktail waiter/entertainer (ask for details)
  • I became a national D license certified soccer coach. 
  • I became a Pacific marine mammal expert and certified naturalist.
  • I saw fully breaching whales, and got paid for it.
  • I handed out cookies to bikini hotties...every day.
  • I got scuba certified.
  • I surfed double overhead at Honolua Bay.
  • I got a shortboard.
  • I turned 28 years old
  • I became an uncle again.
  • I had a crush on a girl.
  • I got into whole new genres of music.
  • I realized I'm old, and didn't care.
  • I played and sang songs for people, even though I still can't sing.
  • Song #27 in my playlist up there was my ringtone for the entire year, and for the rest of time, I will look for my phone when I hear it.
  • Speaking of my phone, I went through 5 different ones during the year.
  • I tried something I that I used to swear I'd never do and thought people that did that were super weirdos.
  • My hair was more long than it ever has been, and blonder too.
  • I won a triathlon.
  • I surfed both sides of the Pacific.
  • I went to every Hawaiian island they'll let you go to.
  • I used America's next top toilet.
  • I swam with dolphins, in the wild, three times.
  • I flew in a helicopter.

In 2011 I want/plan to:

  • Move to New Zealand.
  • Kiss someone in the rain.
  • Become Level 2 certified.
  • Reach half way to becoming boat captain.
  • Gap a road.
  • Finally go to Havasupai.
  • Hike down to Kalauapapa and Napali.


This post is a work in progress...

    4 comments:

    Court and Jill said...

    Loved the review :)

    Tawna said...

    I want to hike Havasupai!

    Adventures in Heywood said...

    It's your "posterity" not your "prosperity"... just to be picky. :) Very good year for ya, very good goals. Nooooot too shabby!

    Our Family said...

    Love you Dallon. Glad you are home- Derrek wants to go with you.