Monday, January 17, 2011

"My Type"

Someone asked me recently what my "type" was, in reference to females that I would like to date.  It was a difficult question that I couldn't really answer.  So lately I've been thinking a little bit about that, and those of you that know me, will understand that this is a big step forward for me. (assuming anyways that you believe dating IS a step forward) Reaching the age I am at and not yet knowing what qualities in the opposite gender to look for is kind of sad...unless of course you remember, that I've never really looked.  They kinda always found me, until the latter years anyways...

So I figure that a good place to start would be to figure out what my "type" is, at least in more specific details than "a soccer playing ski chick" which has pretty much been my standard thus far.  So, after hours and hours of kind-of thinking about this I have figured it out.  My type of girl is this: "a soccer playing, ski chick that surfs!"

I'm well on my way folks!

Ok, for my sisters' sake I'll be a little more specific.  I am defining "type" quite loosely.  Meaning that things like being a female, being LDS and all that entails, and in general being not lame...are all items of a different category.  "Type" does not include beliefs, standards, personality, or general character.  A "type" is a person of a specified kind.  Which means my type, really is several types.  So...

My type:
  • Is into skiing or snowboarding and can do it reasonably well.
  • Thinks surfing is fun and can do it reasonably well.
  • Enjoys playing soccer and can do it reasonably well.
  •  Has fun doing a variety of outdoor activities.
  • Couldn't care less who the bachelor picks, who the next top model is, or how long her eyelashes are.
  • Likes Maaji Swimwear. or possibly a model for that brand.
In other words...My type is someone LIKE ME!  That's an amazing concept isn't it...

(well, except the Maaji swimear part, that would just be a bonus!)  And honestly, none of these are necessarily required, just general guidelines.  And being "like me" is slightly more involved than surfing, skiing, and soccer...not much though.

1 comment:

FamilyBlog said...

Dallon,
I noticed that the latest line of the Maaji swimwear models are wearing some type of accessory that someone would wear to a wedding ... like a wedding veil. Is this coincidence?
So between this blog and the Girlfriend Application/Test blog that you did in April 2010, perhaps Dayna, Tami and I can find you a Dallon-approved girlfriend ... assuming, of course, that she exists!
Love you Little Bro! ~Lauri