Thursday, February 24, 2011

Less Than Jake

I mentioned that I listened to my MP3 the other day, and it reminded me of the good old days.  What I didn't mention is the thought that came to my mind while listening was that music these days just isn't as good as it used to be.  This made me realize two things, first was that I'm old, the other was that I'm not that old and I really wanted to go skank it up in a pit at a concert!  So when my brother called to tell me that one of my all time favorite bands whom I had only seen once in concert (and I was about 500 yards from stage packed in with thousands of other stinky kids at a warped tour years and years ago) were coming to town, I got pretty stoked.  I had reservations at first, things like: "I'll be the oldest guy there!" and "Oh man I'm going to be so sore afterwards."  But I took my girly pants off and in the spirit of my new personal anti-boredom campaign, I bought tickets.  And it was awesome!  It'd been way too long since I'd been to a concert.  I missed the thumping bass drum, the flashing lights, the sore feet, the stinky B.O., and the rebellious kids with their ska patches and checkerboard ties.  My feet hurt, my ears were ringing, and some weird drunk girl wouldn't leave me alone, but that all didn't matter because I was at a ska show!  And as it turned out, just about everyone their was a washed up ska kid from the 90's, just like me.  Thanks Less Than Jake for reminding me how much I love a good ska/punk show and keeping me young!  (even if I didn't punch and kick in the pit with my doc martens on!)

 

 

1 comment:

Derrek Williams said...

I has a great time. I suppose if LTJ had taken Johnny Quest's advice they wouldn't have had to play at a venue that had a maximum occupancy of 800. I wasn't the oldest guy there either. Thanks again for the trip down memory lane. Derrek