Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Master Chef Dallon!

Not Chief, you Halo nerds...  So I'm getting kind of restless.  This is nothing new really, I often get restless.  The difference now though is that I struggle to find an outlet for my restlessness.  In the past I could ease the tension on my boredom simply by calling one of the fellas or peeps and go on some random usually legal adventure.  Times have changed and I am now forced to find new avenues of boredom fighting.  So, I have expanded my horizons and loosened my standards and I am embarking on a quest to find new hobbies, learn new skills, go on new adventures large or small, and overcome this restless plague.  This mental list I have created for myself may include things like:  Learn how to juggle, peruse the craigslist "free" section and find a treasure, get to the top of one of downtown's skyscrapers, sing and play my uke on the street for some pocket change, paint something, build a dresser, make a music video, turn toilet water into jello, do a cartwheel, or... learn how to cook stuff.  To name a few.

So, in the spirit of my name game...yesterday, I did this!





I mentioned some stuff about bread here.  Then my friend Jill mentioned a recipe she had for bread, also here.  Then Jill posted her recipe on her blog for me here.  Then last night...I made some bread.  It's super yummy!  Anyone that knows me, knows cooking is not one of my 3 fortes.   I burn, or in some other creative way, ruin everything I try to cook.  I am horribly impatient when it comes to cooking, so I will always find something else to do while waiting for the cooking to be done, then, indubitably, I will forget about it  until I can smell the smoke, or until I find it 2 days later all cold and gross in the microwave where I left it.  Cooking for my lonesome is tough, so much time and effort when I can just go to a dollar menu, besides, home cooking would probably destroy my figure.  Not even frozen food, tv dinners, or boxed meals of the mac and cheese variety can withstand my kitchen handicaps.  So...this was actually the very first time in my entire life that I have purchased and used ANYTHING from the baking goods isle.  And not ruining it is a very blog worthy accomplishment!  I feel empowered and engorged with culinary confidence!  Thanks Jill!  And thank you Tauna for the supervision and cooking tools!

Anyone else have something fun, creative, random, adventurous, dangerous, illegal, scary, funny, exciting, or in any way not lame for me to do?  Let me know!  I'm in a mood.

Also, apparently my blog activity is directly correlated with my level of boredom.  Lame.

3 comments:

Court and Jill said...

Oh my gosh, I am laughing out loud. I never thought you'd make it. Bravo, bravo. It looks good...you definitely didn't burn it. ANd you had to buy flour?? What? Dallon, seriously, what do you eat? YOu never cook? So you thought it was yummy enough?

Derrek Williams said...

Dallon is getting old. Adventure = baking bread..... BORING

Adventures in Heywood said...

I like the new adventure... It's actually branching out, not just finding something that seems vaguely like something you'd be into and doing that.

PS. I found you something to look at while you're bored. Remember when you were telling us about your 'wedding video to prepare you for cooler video dreams'? And I told you that I'd seen some 'real' wedding videos and they could be pretty hoity toity? Well here's my friend Johns' company vimeo page he and his buddy shoot and edit these themselves.....
http://vimeo.com/irisandlight Anyway, I just know you like video, and you said you were bored.....for something to do.

PPS. REEEEEAAAALLLLLYYY sorry about bailing on skiing, we honestly wanted to go, we didn't think we were bailing, we just believed Reed when he said we could switch weekends and it'd work for everyone. :(