Thursday, February 3, 2011

Really important things that matter to everyone!

I really miss Bulgarian bread.  Every morning we would go downstairs to the bakery (sometimes alone!, don't tell prez.) and pick out a soft warm loaf.  It was SO delicious.  Our bread is pretty weak in comparison.  I'm sure I could find some good fresh bread here somewhere, but it's not in the basement of the building I live in...  By the end of the day the loaf would be hard.  No preservatives.  But that was ok, we would just make Lyoutinitsa Pizza!  The next day, we'd go get a new loaf.  I miss that.

 I am really hungry right now.  But I really didn't want to cook any of my gross boxed meals.  However, I am really enjoying this bowl of marshmallow mateys!  I really wish I had more motivation to learn how to cook, and then...to actually cook.  I do enjoy using my George Foreman though!  Thanks Reed.  Epilogue: my roommate James is now joining me for some mateys.  He drinks whole milk.  And his photography professor is dumb, so he says.  I hope he doesn't think it's rude that I'm typing while he is talking to me.

Everyone around my new place goes to bed at 9.  Is that weird to anyone else?  James and I just got in trouble for talking too loud...  I am going to a new singles ward right now.  I have some pretty strong opinions on singles wards but I'll save that.  This new one, doesn't seem that bad though.  And I'm getting a lot of  "new guy" attention.  Which I have to admit, is kind of fun.  It feels a lot like when I have really long gross hair, and then I cut it missionary short, that kind of attention.  Like I'm suddenly less of societal menace.  This ward went to a Grizzlies game the other night.  We lost, but it was fun.  In addition to being the new guy, I was apparently also the only person in the ward (or the stadium that night) who knew anything about hockey.  As was evident by my proudly touted Grizzlies jersey.  You know how when you make a dumb joke, and a pretty girl laughs so suddenly you feel empowered to make all the stupid jokes in the world and everyone will laugh at them?  Well the hockey game was kinda like that.  I yelled a few times, danced like an idiot on the jumbotron, and generally made a lot of unnecessary noise...and everyone seemed to love it, so naturally I kept going.  Afterward I felt like a complete burro.  But at least everyone knows I was there.  I felt like I was in college again!

How is it that I can still see a picture of someone I know on vacation in Hawaii and still feel jealous?  I really wish that I was one of those people that just up and leave for two months to some far away, exotic, politically and physically dangerous land and come back with dreadlocks and new outlooks.  They always have awesome pictures and amazing stories.  I get so jealous of people that get to travel the world and have amazing adventures!  How do they afford that by the way?  I want to do so many things that it often gets so overwhelming.  Backpack Europe, ride a bike from Alaska to Argentina, raft the Amazon, discover a new tomb in Egypt, climb a tower at Angkor Wat, swim with sharks on the great barrier reef, surf all of Polynesia, ski the Alps, and go to Boise!  Then my pictures album screen saver comes on, and I remember all the people who are jealous of me.  Still though, Machu Picchu!

It's about 0 degrees outside, and there is some type of small flying nat buzzing my head right now.  Shouldn't he be in some larva form in the peet moss right now?  No matter how many times I smack the thing it doesn't die!  Really annoying.  Speaking of 0 degrees, the past few days at work have been brutal!  I'm talking legitimate frostbite danger brutal.  The parents of those children in ski school have no souls...

2 comments:

Court and Jill said...

Dallon. OK sure Bulgarian bread is great...I thought the same thing when I went to France. The bread...YUM! But can it really compare to marshmallow mateys? I think not. :) And this may seem girl to girl-ish...and that might freak you out since you're not a girl...but I actually have a really good bread recipe that both Court and I agree is the closest thing to true French bread (and by extension European bread) we have tasted in the states. It's EASY too. No kneading, no mixer, no nothing. Combine ingredients...wait for it to rise...and bake. Easy. You could totally make it.

Adventures in Heywood said...

When you figure out how to afford those things, let me know. I freaking love to travel, but I've never dared be the kind that just up and moved without a plan or a budget!

I read the blog of this couple that basically sold their house and then lived with their two really small kids in a motor home visiting all 50 states and most of Canada for like 18 months. I feel such awe for their bravery, you know? Sometimes you focus on what you can't do because you have kid(s) and obviously they didn't at all, they still just lived how they wanted and brought the kids along for the ride...(and also, that must've been one stellar house in which they must've owned a huge cha-chunk.) I mean, granted the kids were young so their was no school issues, but seriously..... Brave.

But then again, like you said, you do some awesomely awesome stuff, your life does not suck! :)

And also I like your stream of consciousness blogs, very funny sitting inside your brain.